Thursday, September 12, 2013

Professional Development Inventory


Currently, I possess strong research and communication skills. Additionally, I am advanced in Powerpoint and SharePoint. Excellent time management skills and superb organization skills are qualities that I uphold. Additionally, I am advanced in Microsoft Office including Powerpoint, SharePoint. I have collegiate credits in Java Script and Visual Basics. I am gaining more familiarity with WordPress, Blogger, and Pinterest as I continue my collegiate career while attending Full Sail. Other qualities that I possess would include paying attention to detail. Working for the Department of Social Services has placed me in a perfect position when being detail oriented and thorough.

The new skills that I need to acquire would involve becoming more familiar with web HTML, web publishing, and content management systems. Learning how to survey and pitch stories to your likely audience is a skill that I wish to develop. As I reviewed the qualifications and requirements for the likely positions, majority of the entry-level positions I qualified for. However, I believe that am lacking direct experience have the necessary experience. However, I possess transferable skills that are valuable in this industry.

The technical skills that I need to develop that I do not currently possess would include a better understanding of web publishing. This is an area that I have been training in, however more is required. Before I enter the media industry, I need to gain more knowledge and training in marketing and advertising. There is a wide range of opportunities when focusing on marketing and advertising. 

No comments:

Post a Comment