Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Transmedia Short Story Element Map


After creating the story element map to visually represent the transmedia version of the story I am reimagining and the 14 day timeline to ensure that my project plans do not fall behind schedule, I needed to determine how I would thread the media elements together for my audience. I decided that I would begin with a Rabbit Hole. This would be an explanation of the moral of the story with an unexpected twist. This would be followed by a series of media elements that would intertwine to serve as a navigator for my audience. For example, I would use Facebook posts, Blogger posts, Twitter posts, and Ning posts, and Pinterest posts to inform the audience of the next transmedia element. I think that this worked effectively in my first transmedia project. This allows my audience the option of continuing to read the media element or to move onto the next associated media element. The protagonist of the story, Shirley Curly, will navigate to Baby Woodcrane Wolf’s media element. Baby Wolf will thread to Mama Woodcrane Wolf. While, Mama Woodcrane will thread to Papa Woodcrane Wolf. Lastly, this should work successfully to thread the media elements together for my audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment