Sunday, September 20, 2015

Week 3 Practice: Company Questions

This activity is intended to have me formulate a number of questions that I can ask an employer during an interview. This shows that I have vested interest in the position and that I am looking to communicate with the employer.

1. What are the qualities of a successful University Events Coordinator?
This question is important to my interview process because I must know what managers consider as successful in this position. It is vital to the success of my gaining and maintaining my employment with the Northern Arizona University. I am looking to gain detailed information from management from this question to give me a full understanding of their definition of successful as it pertains to this position. The information that is provided from this question will help me to gather key attributes and characteristics that I must embody when I fill the vacancy. 
2. Does your company offer training and continuing education opportunities?
This question is important to my interview process because I need to know if this position has advancement opportunities. I also need to know if there is training for this position. Training is vital to the success of an employee in certain positions. I am looking to gather tangible information in regards to internal or external training and educational opportunities. The information that I gain from this question will let me know if this position is suitable for my learning style. Personally, I prefer an employer that offers training and educational opportunities to their employees.
3. What are your organizations future plans for the team?
The question is important to my interview process because I need to know the future plans that management has for the team I will be working with. It is imperative to the success of a new employee to know the future goals of the team and organization. From this question, I am looking to gain detailed information about the future objectives and ideas of the management team. I may be able to give good insight into these new ideas once they are provided to me. This information I will gather from this question will help my decision about the opportunity because I want to know that there are future thoughts and forward thinking for the team and the position. I do not want to join an organization and an opportunity that is static. I prefer a dynamic employment opportunity.

4. What types of skills is the team missing that you’re looking to fill with a new hire?

This question is important to my interview process because I want to know what characteristics and traits hiring manager is missing from his current team. This must be known because I must show the hiring manager that I will feel the needs of the current team and organization. From this question, I am seeking detailed information about the current challenges and setbacks of the current team. This can be a wide variety of information include personnel to performance issues. The information that I gather from this question will help me make a decision about the opportunity by determining if my skills and abilities can make a difference in the current team.

5. What have you enjoyed most about working with the University of Arizona?

This question is specific to my interview process because I want to join an organization that I would like to build a career with. To often am I joining employers based on the compensation. When I join the communications industry, I want to join an organization that is stimulating and forward thinking. From this question, I am looking for the interviewer to be honest and candid in their response. From their answer, I can determine if the goals and values of the organization align with my own. This information will ultimately let me know if this will be a very stressful or smooth environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment