Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Week 4 Reflection: RISE Peer Review

 The purpose of the activity is to review and constructively critique the mock interview while using the RISE model. This interview will provide me with more potential questions from employers and possible answers to their questions. This acitivity is very information because I conducted research on the interview setting, internet connect, and audiovisual components.


I have reviewed William's mock interview video and you did and adequate job with your mock interview video. What struck me the most about your interview was your ability to change your backgrounds. Was this a green screen? I was trying to incorporate different backgrounds. However, I was unsuccessful. This made me want to revisit my mock video by re-taping the different sections of my video with a different background. What are you trying to highlight when you reference Bon Secours? Did you mean to reference this job as a potential employer or an ideal employer? I am familiar with the employer. However, I am not familiar with their Information Technology Department.

Have you considered memorizing your responses to the interviewers questions? Another suggestion is to internalize the answers. This means that whether it is a direct or indirect question, you know how to answer the question. This would also help to increase the eye contact that is directed to the interviewer. I also suggest that you make your exit more memorable. Eye contact is important when exchanging information because it shows that you are actively listening.

When I was composing my responses to the interviewer’s questions, I pictured myself actually in the interview. I believe that I interview well. I am a proactive individual and I often re-write my resume and my cover letter. I have constantly learning new skills and completed certifications. Did you enjoy this process? Do you think it was beneficial to your career development?

Your response to handling disagreements with upper management was very insightful. I can identify with your experience. The process changes frequently in some areas of employment. Therefore, I learned how to be adaptable, pay attention, and to work hard. Often times, it appears that my voice is not being heard from upper management. However, I have had the opportunity to express my concerns and my potentials solutions.

You spoke clearly and enunciated your words. You were dressed professionally as an interviewer and as an interviewee. It appears that you were not very confident in your responses. I suggest going your responses to make the interview flow more smoothly. This video is very informational because I it provides additional options when achieving the ideal interview. I was able to research the interview setting, the interview process, internet connect, and audiovisual components.

This is the link to William's mock interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment