Sunday, May 17, 2015

MCPP Portfolio Project Submission: Making Her Big Appearance

I am seeking a 1-star approval rating for this project.

This project was originally designed to be a type of monologue involving a young female that finds herself pregnant in the most unusual circumstances. The objective was to invoke specific feelings into the listener based on the audio and visual content. I found myself reliving the events of my own pregnancy as I sought out footage that could describe the fictional woman's thoughts and experiences. The outcome was the production of a visually engaging short video that showed how the feelings of a woman can change when she has positive people around her.

Watch The Video Here!

During the production and revision process, I was advised by my advisor to use a clearer environment to reduce the "noise" coming through my microphone during the recordings. I recorded the narrative in a "noise" free space. I was also advised by a class mate to only include the background music of the ocean when bodies of water was present in my video. I removed the background music in the parts of the video that did not include bodies of water. Lastly, I was advised to brighten the images and footage presented in the video to make it more visually appealing to my target audience. I lightened up the images in the video.

The software that was used during the production was GarageBank, iMove, and Adobe Photoshop. The hardware that was used was MacBook Pro, microphone, and a Nokia Digital Camera. I am the only individual that contributed to the completion of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment